We are Hiring!
The Boys & Girls Club of Cheektowaga is currently hiring for the open positions listed below.
The Cheektowaga Boys & Girls Club is seeking a highly motivated and energetic individual to supervise the operations of its after-school programming. The primary function of the Director will be to oversee the smooth operation of all activities day to day. The Director must be a diligent taskmaster who is a natural leader and an expert on problem solving.
- Develop a curriculum of programs: The Director will work closely with staff, creating innovative Boys & Girls Club programming to fit the time schedule allotted to our after-school programs. This will include athletics, arts & crafts, educational, and healthy living activities.
- Oversee Staff: The Director will be involved in the interview process to hire and train staff. All Boys & Girls Club staff in the building will report to the Unit Director.
- Manage Facilities: The Director must make sure the facility is safe and well stocked. This includes checking that safety equipment is available and working properly, removing hazards, and ensuring the facility is always clean and orderly. The Director act as liaison to the Cheektowaga Youth and Recreation Department, working with them on cleaning issues or instances of broken equipment in shared areas, etc. The Director must also partake in general cleaning duties after the club is closed.
- Parent interaction: The Director will be responsible for answering any questions from parents or keeping them abreast of events, programs, or behavioral issues.
- First Aid: The Unit Director must have good knowledge of child safety requirements and be up to date on first aid protocol. Participation in trainings will be required.
- Crisis Management/Leadership Skills: The Director must have strong crisis management capabilities and be able to remain composed in crisis situations. Additionally, the Director must keep staff motivated and resolve conflicts, which requires strong leadership skills.
Fall/winter/spring hours: Monday-Friday 12pm-7pm.
Summer hours: Monday- Friday 9am-5pm.
May be needed odd hours to help with fundraisers and other duties.
$42,000 including health benefits & vacation time.
Benefits packages TBD during interviews.
Associates or bachelor’s degree in a Child Care-related field is preferred, but will work with any highly qualified and motivated individual that meets our expectations.